The portable cable test set KPG 36kV VLF is used for testing of medium voltage cables in accordance to the standards IEC 60502-2, CENELEC HD 620 & 621, DIN VDE 0276/620 & 621 and IEEE400.
Test is carried out with a low strain practice with VLF (very low frequency) test voltage of preferably 0.1Hz.
VLF testing enables detection of damages of insulation within shortest test time.
The KPG 36kV VLF can test cables with extruded insulation (XLPE-, PE-, EPR-insulation) as well as cables with paper-oil insulation (PILC).
Cable sheath testing with direct voltage is also possible.
- VLF Testing
- DC Testing
- Sheath Testing
- Extremely compact high-power VLF test device
- Easily portable from 1-2 person
- Simple operation
- Menue-assisted control with industrial grade OLED display
- Fully automatic test sequence
- Integrated timer with automatic tripping
- Integrated breakdown detection
- Integrated fault time detection
- Voltage measurement direct at HV output
- Protective ground circuit
- Zero start interlocking
- Protective circuit / indication in accord. with VDE 0104
- Leakage current measurement during VLF test
Scope of supply
- Operation unit with protective bag and cable storage
- High Voltage unit
- HV-connecting cable (shielded), standard length 5m
- Connecting cable, HV unit to Operator unit, length 3m
- Ground cables
- User manual
Options / Accessories
- Data logging (USB) for VLF test sets
- Frequency extension: 0.05 Hz + 0.02 Hz
- Customized test cables
- Transport case