Features and Benefits
Radar Engineers Model 1669 is a portable Time Domain Reflectometer (“cable radar”) from Radar Engineers specially designed for use with thumpers connected to an arc reflection filter for “pre-locating” high resistance (pinhole) faults in buried primary power cables. This product integrates seamlessly with the CDS Series and the VT-33 thumper for pre-locating faults using the arc reflection method.
The 1669 also locates low resistance faults, splices, and opens on a stand-alone basis. Digital radar captures and holds the fault trace at the instant of the thump. Software then automatically positions a marker at the fault, and the distance to the fault is indicated on the screen. Model 1669 is also packaged in a rugged weather resistant plastic case and can be bolted to most hand trucks.
- Field portable
- Durable Pelican-style case
- Large 10.5″ sunlight-readable LCD display
- Arc reflection method
- Current pulse method (Optional)
- 3∅ comparison and difference
- Automatic cursor placement
- Built in memory to save waveforms
- RS232 serial port to download data to PC